Springtime is here, time to break out the BBQ
All Clad bbq
All Clad bbq: Get serious about grilling at home or on the go with All-Clad’s portable 4-Piece BBQ Tool Set with Carrying Case. The All Clad bbq includes: a two-pronged fork; marinade brush; locking tongs; and a turner to cover the essentials of outdoor cooking. Each tool is designed with extra long handles for maximum control at a comfortable distance from the heat. The tools are crafted of 18/10 stainless steel and clean easily and safely in the dishwasher. The sturdy metal protective case keeps tools safe; in place; and ready for the next cookout.
BBQ Beef Ribs –
- 1 rack beef back ribs , cut in 1/2
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups Homemade BBq Sauce
Place ribs in heavy large pot. Add seasoning salt, vegetable broth plus enough water to cover ribs and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently until meat is tender, about 1 hour. Using tongs, remove rib racks from pot. Cool slightly. Cut between bones into individual ribs. (Can be made to this point 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Preheat grill to medium heat.
In a medium bowl,add BBQ Sauce . Brush ribs with some of sauce. Grill ribs until brown and thickly glazed, occasionally turning and basting with more sauce, about 10 minutes total.
NOTE: instead of boiling, you could also pre-cook the ribs in the slow cooker on low for 4 hours.
Some Delicious Homemade BBQ Sauce :
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped finely
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (less if you don’t like it spicy)
- 22-oz crushed tomatoes (or 28oz can if that’s what you have)
- 1/3 cup black strap molasses (see note)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or just use more white vinegar)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard (Dijon works too)
1. In a large saucepan, sauté the onion in oil on medium heat for about 7 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients except for the mustard and cook for about 30 minutes uncovered over low heat. Stir occasionally and make sure not to burn it.
3. Add the mustard and taste for sweetness/sourness. Add more sugar, salt, vinegar, etc if you think it’s necessary to achieve your desired flavour. Cook for another few minutes.
Enjoy the heat and your delicious BBQ Beef Ribs 🙂