National Chocolate Fondue Day :)
Today is National Chocolate Fondue day , and Valentines day is right around the corner 🙂
- 1 saucepan
- 1 mixing bowl (that will sit on top of saucepan)
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Fondue serving set
- Fondue skewers
- Handy fuel or denatured alcohol
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound premium semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- Strawberries, bananas, pineapple, brownies, marshmallow, cookies, or any other dipping item of your choice
Put approximately 4 inches of water in the saucepan and bring to a slow boil. Place the mixing bowl on top and pour in the heavy cream; let heat. Meanwhile, break up or chop chocolate into small pieces. When the cream feels hot to the touch, add chocolate and whisk until smooth. Whisk in vanilla and brandy.
Pour into the fondue pot and light the handy fuel underneath; keep the flame low as not to burn the fondue. Arrange strawberries, bananas, pineapple, brownies, marshmallow, cookies or any of your favorite items on a platter and enjoy.