yum Yum YUm YUM!
- 4 cups (16 oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 21/4 cups sugar
- 2 -in. piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp grated lime zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Garnish: sugared fresh cranberries (see Note) and mint
- Serve with: purchased cookies, if desired
* In a medium saucepan, bring cranberries, sugar, 21⁄2 cups water and the sliced ginger to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, or until cranberries pop and soften. Remove from heat; stir in orange juice and lime zest and juice.
* Strain into a bowl, pressing and stirring with a rubber or silicone spatula to extract as much cranberry mixture as possible. Discard skins and ginger. Let mixture cool, then pour into an 8- or 9-in. metal pan; cover and freeze at least 12 hours, or until solid.
To serve: Garnish scoops of sorbet with sugared cranberries and mint.
Note: To sugar cranberries, moisten with water, then roll in sugar to coat. Let dry uncovered in a single layer at least 1 hour.
Planning Tip: The sorbet can be made and frozen up to 2 weeks ahead and the cranberries sugared (for garnish) up to 2 days ahead. Scoop balls of sorbet up to 1 week ahead; freeze in an airtight container with wax paper between layers.
Thanks for reading 🙂
Happy Holidays &