” I love really thin pancakes”
Win/win if you ask me!
- 5 eggs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 1 C water (I’ve used extra milk instead of the water and it just makes them a bit richer)
- Several tablespoons of butter for the pan
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients except butter until there are no lumps.
- Heat a crepe pan on medium (the size of your pan will be the size of your crepe, so just decide how big you want them).
- When the pan is warm, melt enough butter in it to coat the skillet.
- Pour a ladle full of batter onto the buttered pan and swirl the pan to spread the batter evenly over the entire crepe pan
- Cook untouched until bubbles form in the crepe (about 1 minute).
- Flip the crepe and cook for another minute.
- Turn out onto a plate.
- Repeat steps 3-7 until all of your batter is used. To speed things up, you can work two skillets at once. It’s not as hard as it sounds.
Pumpkin Pie Filling :
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 15 oz canned pumpkin (pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Stir in sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix in pumpkin.
- Mix in evaporated milk.
- Pour into 9″ pie plate (no crust needed).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 F and bake for another 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Remove from oven and leave on counter for two hours before use.
Happy Fall everyone !!